1. Proforma for Approval of Project Proposal duly filled and signed by both the student and the Project Guide with date.
2. Bio-data of the project guide with her/his signature and date.
3. Synopsis of the project proposal (12-15 pages).
4. A self-addressed envelope with duly affixed postage stamps (to send it by ordinary post only) on it.
5. A photocopy of the complete Project Proposal (along with Project Proforma, Project Synopsis, Biodata of the guide) submitted to your Regional Centre, should be retained by the student for future reference.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF THE PROJECT GUIDE
1. A person having Ph.D./M.Tech. in Computer Science with a minimum of one year of experience.
2. A person having B.E./B.Tech. (Computer Science), MCA, M.Sc. (Computer Science) with minimum 2 years experience, preferably in software development.
Time for Approval
In case of non-approval, the suggestions for reformulating the project will be communicated to you. The revised project synopsis along with a new proforma, should be re-submitted along with a copy of the earlier synopsis and non-approval project proposal proforma in the next slot. If the student wants to change the project topic or software or the project guide, s/he may do so and can submit a fresh project proposal. The revised project proposal should be sent along with the original copy/photocopy of the non-approved proforma of the earlier submitted proposal, to the Regional Centre Concerned
Where to send Project/Synopsis
Project proposal completed in all aspects with necessary enclosures should be sent to the Regional Director of the Regional Centre concerned. While posting your proposal to your Regional Centre, on the top of the envelope you should mention “MCA Project Proposal (MCSP-060)” Under no circumstances, should the project proposal be sent to SOCIS, IGNOU, New Delhi.
Important points to be remembered about Project Proposal
1. A project proposal, once approved, is valid for one year (two slots). In case, a student is unable to submit her/his project report as per the slot, s/he may be given another chance for submission of the project report in the subsequent slot. If s/he still does not submit the project report, a fresh synopsis approval is needed.
2. All entries of the proforma of approval should be filled up with appropriate and complete information. Incomplete approval-proforma in any respect will be summarily rejected.
3. A photocopy of the complete Project Proposal (along with Project Proforma, Project Synopsis, Bio-data of the guide) submitted to your Regional Centre, should be retained by the student for future reference.
4. The evaluated project proposal proforma along with the details of Approved/Disapproved will be sent to the student within 4-6 weeks after the proposal is received at Regional Centre concerned. In case if it is disapproved, the suggestions for reformulating the project will be communicated to the student. Revised project proposal proforma, synopsis, bio-data of the guide with her/his signature on it, should be sent along with the original copy/photocopy of the non-approval proforma of the earlier project proposal, to the Regional Centre Concerned.
5. The project is a part of your final semester (6th semesters) curriculum. Students are eligible to submit the project proposals after entering the 5th semester of MCA as per the calendar.
6. In case the students require any project trainee letter from the University for doing a project in any organization/software company, they can get a “Project Trainee letter” attested by the Project Coordinator/Regional Director/Asst. Regional Director.
7. Please ensure that at any given point of time, a guide should not provide guidance for more than 5 MCA students of IGNOU.
MCA VI sem (New Syllabus) : MCSP-060 : Rs 6000/-
Incoming search terms:
- proforma for the approval of mca project proposal